Warranty & Care Instructions
DOES MY SILVER GOOSE JEWELLERY HAVE ANY WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE?
Yes, we do give six months repair or replacement warranty on any proven manufacturing faults on our 925 sterling silver range. We do not have any warranty on the costume jewellery or plated jewellery. Your Silver Goose warranty does not cover loss, changes in appearance, gradual degradation, damage, and breakage due to wear and tear or improper use or storage of your jewellery. Replacement or repair is at the sole discretion of The Silver Goose. Charges may apply for the restoration of pieces deemed outside warranty. When a part is repaired under the original contractual warranty term, only the remaining duration of the original contractual warranty will continue to apply.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR STERLING SILVER PIECES
We want you to be able to keep your Silver Goose pieces for as long as possible! So here are a few quick recommendations we suggest:
- Avoid lotions, chlorine, detergents, saltwater, silver polish, tanning products and perfumes - the chemicals in these products will react to the metals which can cause discolouration.
- All metals are delicate, so treat your piece with love and care! We recommend cleaning your pieces weekly.
- We recommend not to store your jewellery in the boxes you receive it in, as they are designed for transport and not long-term use.
- Dirty jewellery can be cleaned with a mild soap and water solution. Use a nub free, 100% cotton cloth or a soft toothbrush (if necessary) to remove dirt and gently wipe the piece clean using only the soft pads of your fingers or jewellery cloth.
- Pat dry with a soft cloth (don't use paper towels or tissues as they might cause scratches). When dry, use a special jewellery polishing cloth to restore lustre and remove tarnish.
We recommend that you remove your jewellery before you go bath, shower or planning to do any physical activity. All sterling silver will naturally oxidise slightly and tarnish over time so to care for your piece, simply polish it with a silver polishing cloth. Sterling silver jewellery should be stored away from natural sunlight and heat, in a protective (lined) jewellery box or a tarnish-resistant pouch.